Dental Implants Mercerville
A Modern Way to Rebuild Your Smile
Dental implants may not have been around as long as traditional dentures and bridges, but many dentists consider them to be the best option for replacing any number of missing teeth. Is there any empty space in your smile? Our team can help you figure out whether you are a candidate for dental implants or mini implants. Give our office a call if you would like to schedule a dental implant consultation with Dr. Lavery.
Why Choose Brian Lavery, DMD for Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants Placed and Restored In-Office
- Mini Dental Implants Available
- Caring, Relaxing Dental Practice
What are Dental Implants?
Unlike traditional bridges and dentures, dental implants are meant to be inserted into your jaw. Each implant post is made out of a biocompatible material that can gradually fuse with the surrounding bone tissue. Once your dental implants have become fully integrated with your jawbone, they can be restored with a customized crown, bridge, or denture. With the implant posts acting as artificial roots, your new smile will look great, feel comfortable, and function naturally.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
It typically requires several months to complete the process of having dental implants placed. Each step of the process will ultimately be worth it once you experience the advantages of implant-supported replacement teeth firsthand. The process as a whole can be divided into four main parts, as follows:
- Initial Consultation: We’ll examine your mouth and review your oral health history to determine if dental implants are right for you. Sometimes you might require certain preliminary procedures before you can be considered a dental implant candidate.
- Surgery: Placing dental implants in your jaw involves a relatively simple surgery. Once the posts are in place, protective caps will be attached to them to aid with the healing process.
- Osseointegration/Abutments: It will take 3 to 6 months for the implant posts to fuse with the jaw, and once they have, you will be ready to receive your abutments.
- Delivery of the Final Restoration: Once your customized crown, bridge, or denture is ready, we can use the abutments to attach your new teeth to your implant posts.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Many patients with dental implants are happy with their choice thanks to the many benefits associated with the treatment, such as:
- Being able to eat most foods without issue.
- Having a restored smile that looks and feels natural.
- Being able to speak clearly without the drawback of traditional dentures that could slip at inopportune times.
- Preventing the bone loss that tends to occur when teeth are missing.
- Being able to keep the dental implant posts for decades.